You are here
Ceremonial Senate Meeting Celebrating 15 March
On the occasion of the Memorial Day of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848 the University of Pécs conferred Honorary Doctor, Honorary Professor and Honorary Associate Professor titles. Habilitation certificates, PhD degrees, honorary professor, honorary assistant professor and professor emeritus titles have also been awarded in the József Halasy-Nagy Aula on 14 March 2018.
Faculties of the University of Pécs can nominate one person annually to receive the prestigious “doctor et professor honoris causa” title. In accordance with the requirements stipulated in the doctoral statutes of the University of Pécs the Senate of the University confers the degree of honorary doctor upon those people from Hungary and abroad who
- have achieved outstanding results in their respective fields for several decades
- have gained international recognition
- have maintained close links with the University of Pécs
- have rendered the university and the Hungarian sciences outstanding services
- and the recognition of whose activities, by conferring upon them the honorary doctor title, boosts the prestige of the University of Pécs.
Doctor et Professor Honoris Causa title has been awarded to:
The Senate of the University of Pécs and the Committees of the Faculties have made the unanimous decision to confer ‘Professor Emeritus’ title upon the following to acknowledge their extraordinary scientific, educational or leadership services:
- on behalf of the Medical School: Valér Csernus, Örs Péter Horváth, Gábor Kovács L., Lajos Nagy and Péter Németh.
- on behalf of the Faculty of Humanities: Árpád Vígh.
Honorary Assistant Professor title has been awarded to: Richárd Halmai and Attila Erik Fazekas.
Honorary lecturer title has been awarded to: Zita Battyáni and Zsuzsanna Csetneki-Karoliny.
The new apponinted leader (for the period of 15 March 2018 to 14 August 2023) of the UP Teacher Training Primary, Secondary and Vocational School and Nursery School is Andrea Sulyok.
The following received their habilitated doctor degree:
- József Czimmer, Zsolt Káposztás, Ferenc András, Beatrix Lábadi, Mónika Pilkhoffer, Tamás Sebestyén, Andrea Buzády and Péter Reményi.
The following received their PhD degree:
- Gyula Erdődy, Zsolt István Máté, Anna Viktória Neparáczki, Endre Nyitrai, András Polgár, Bagheri Fariborz, István Bence Bálint, Zsuzsanna Gurdán, Szilárd Kun, Anetta Nagy, Ildikó Rostás, Judit Tenk, Éva Brigitta Patay, Péter Horváth, Zsófia Pál-Lukács, Mariann Váraljai, Krisztina Csókási, Péter Horváth, Gizella Melania Istrate, Mónika Kaj, Eleonóra Leidecker, Irina Canco, Erzsébet Pászti-Tóth, Szilárd Rácz, András Rideg, Norbert Sipos, Edit Veres, István Márton, Levente Szabó, Anna Erzsébet Áman Takácsi-Nagy and Csaba Leitol.
The following received their DLA titles:
- Bence Gál, Anett Mózes-Gál, István Katona, Gábor Toldy, Zoltán Arnóth and Sándor Balatoni.
- Download the video of the Ceremonial Senate Meeting in HD quality »
- Download the photos of the Ceremonial Senate Meeting »
Photo: Szabolcs Csortos, UnivPécs.